Partners in Education
Cal Poly and the Graphic Communication Profession
"Partners in Education" has been the theme of Cal Poly's Graphic Communication Department relationship with industry for decades. It is the driving concept that brings the industry and university together for the benefit of both.
- Through laboratories supported by industry, students become acquainted with the companies and technologies that drive the graphic communication profession.
- Through endowments and grants, industry companies receive perpetual exposure to students and enjoy an image of being responsive to education.
- Through the Research Professors From Industry program, companies get to have some of their key management and technology experts teach some of the young, bright, and upcoming leaders of the industry.
- Through cooperative education and internships, industry has access to some of Cal Poly's finest Graphic Communication students who can immediately contribute on-the-job while learning from company leaders.
- Through the Graphic Communication Institute at Cal Poly (GrCI), industry has access to research, testing, product evaluations, consulting, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
All of this creates an aura of cooperation between Cal Poly and industry in working together to advance the graphic communication profession now and in the future.
GRC Industry Links
(listed in alphabetical order)
Anderson and Vreeland
ATMA Champ Ent.
Color Resolutions Incorporated
Dupont Teijin Films
Environmental Inks and Coatings
Flexographic Technical Assoc | Foundation of Flexographic Technical Assoc
Harris & Bruno International
Hess Print Services
Southwest Binding & Laminating
Testing Machinery Inc. (TMI)
US Ink – Sun Chemical
Graphic Communication Endowments
Bert and Wanda Weeden Graphic Communication Scholarship Endowment
Brian Dammeier PPIA Endowment for the Graphic Arts
Charles L. Massingill Graphic Communication Endowment
Doc Stapleton Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Frank M. Paiva Endowment
George Prue/Craftsman Press West Graphic Communication Endowment
Graphic Communication Student Enterprise Endowment
Graphic Communication Endowment Fund
Graphic Communication Scholarship Endowment Fund
Gutenberg Society Endowment
Guy H. Thomas Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Herold Gregory/Poor Richard’s Press Endowment for Graphic Communication Education
Hank Apfelberg Graphic Communication Memorial Endowment
Hans Veeder Scholarship Endowment
Ron & Katherine Harper Flexography Endowment
K/P Corporation Endowment
Michael Cunningham Graphic Communication Endowment
Mike Blum Graphic Communication Endowment
Pitman Company Graphic Communication Endowment
Paul Kissel Philosopher of Printing Endowment
Roger Siminoff Research Professors From Industry Endowment
Scitex/Adobe Student Scholarship And Faculty Development Endowment
Terry Bell/ColorGraphics Endowment
Terry Bell Faculty Development Endowment
Wallace H. And Nina K. Granger Endowment Trust