- Office: 26-221B
- Phone: 805-756-1108
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person bldg 26 rm 205 Monday 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Also by appointment
- B.S. Graphic Communication, Management Concentration, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- GRC 204 - Introduction to Contemporary Print Management & Manufacturing
- GrC 224 - Binding, Finishing & Distribution Processes
- GrC 328 - Offset Printing Technology
- GrC 403 - Data Management/Estimating/Visualization
- GrC 411 - Strategic Trends & Cost Issues - Print & Digital
- GrC 421 - Production Management for Print & Digital Media
- GrC 422 - HR Management Issues for Print & Digital Media
Teaching and Research Interests
- Printing Equipment
A GrC Cal Poly alumnus, Douglas Speer has 30 years of industry experience and loves to share his real-world practical knowledge with his students. In college, his concentration was management, because his passion was to manage print shops. He has utilized these skills when managing some shops during his career and when teaching classes.
He has worked on many projects but his favorite one was managing a print shop that specializes in printing wine labels. Douglas loves producing labels that could later be seen on the shelves of every store that sold wine. He enjoys seeing the satisfaction of customers that he has helped, especially when working on extremely large projects.
Douglas has been lecturing at Cal Poly for 15 years. He manages print shops during the day and teaches at night. That is how he stays current with the information that he teaches in the classroom. He utilizes new skills learned from a textbook and applies them to real work, then he relays the information to students from personal experience.