GrC Minor Curriculum
Are you interested in reinforcing your primary field of study and supplementing your major with knowledge in a dynamic and growing field? If yes, you may be interested in the Graphic Communication Minor.
A minor in Graphic Communication reinforces a student’s primary field of study. Students in the minor program will gain a competitive edge by understanding the concepts of computer programs, desktop publishing, typography, and printing and publishing applications. Because of the department’s reputation and curriculum, there are numerous career opportunities for graduates of the Graphic Communication minor.
- Students should expect to take three GrC courses per academic year (one course per quarter).
- After acceptance it should take approximately two years to complete the minor coursework.
- In order to complete the minor it is appropriate to apply ONLY if you anticipate being at Cal Poly at least two more years.
- Note: Prospective students are required to finish GRC 101 with a grade of B or better. When applying, GRC 101 must be completed, and the minimum grade must be achieved. The application is due by the third week of each quarter to the department office. The accepted applicants will be notified by the fifth week of the quarter they applied. Other GRC courses listed in the Minor Curriculum will be available to the applicants after the official approval process.
- Minimum CPSLO GPA is 3.0.
**To apply for the GrC Minor Program click HERE**
(Applications are accepted during the first three weeks of Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarter)